Cavelero News

The Student News Site of Cavelero Mid High School

Cavelero News

Cavelero News

Reminders of Love

As the holidays approach, it can be easy to get lost in a jumble of wants and needs, making lists of every goodie you want stuffed in your stocking or wrapped under a tree. However, love doesn’t only mean the gifts you get, it can also be the simple things you’ve had all along. It’s important to find those places where love grows and blossoms and embrace them. Instead of needing something new, you accept what was old and always there.

• Alysah Burkett gives side eye to Juliana Manley after she steals a snack during class. While working hard on our articles, us journalists find a hankering for drama and jokes, but more importantly, it’s snacks. With the fuel of Flamin Hot Funyuns, Juliana and Alysah can now go on to write amazing articles. Never forget to feed the Journalists.

• Liah Campbell (left) helps friend Juliana Manley (right) with math homework. This dynamic duo can go from fighting to helping each other within the minute. During 4th period Journalism, it’s not hard to catch Campbell in the act of helping another classmate with homework, or around the room ranting to everyone who will listen about her own work.

• Jackson Evans (right) and Nico Christmas (left), look through photos on their phones for their own Photojournalism projects in Mr. Fraser’s 4th Period Journalism class. In Journalism, we often have a lot of free time, which can lead to lots of screen time on our phones. Having this time allows us to share photos and information with peers, arrange interviews, and just connect with one another.

• Friends share an embrace at the beginning of another school day at Cavelero Mid High. Each morning before school, a group of students meets at the same table in the commons and shares hugs and friendly greetings as each person arrives. Most are met with a yawn after a late night studying, so a hug sometimes feels like the next best thing to a coffee pick-me-up.

• Ninth grader Teagan Barnum plants a kiss on the forehead of classmate and best friend Kaysa Banks during class on December 4th, 2023. However, one might argue that a kiss is too affectionate for friends. To that, Barnum says: “That’s just the way I show affection. The forehead kisses have always been my way of showing love.” Love looks different for all kinds of people, but that doesn’t mean it’s not there. Sometimes, you just have to look for it to understand it.