Cavelero News

The Student News Site of Cavelero Mid High School

Cavelero News

Cavelero News

Golden Hour

• A bedroom window view of a sunset in Lake Stevens. It might happen daily, but the awestruck reaction is timeless. “Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.” – Kristen Butler

• A Lake Stevens sunset viewed from a car window. Sunsets are like a safety net to fall back upon, reliable and always there. “Sunsets are proof that endings can often be beautiful too.” – Beau Taplin

• Sunsets in Lake Stevens are breathtaking, no matter where they are viewed from. This picture was taken from a bedroom window and captures the golden hour nonetheless. “A sunset is the sun’s fiery kiss to the night.” – Crystal Woods

• This sunset was captured from a bedroom window in Lake Stevens. Even with a phone, you can capture the beauty of sunsets so easily. “When the sun is setting, leave whatever you are doing and watch it.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan

• A sunrise viewed from the Cavelero bus loop, through a school bus window. While sunsets are the golden hour, sunrises are similar enough to be included. “No sun outlasts its sunset but will rise again and bring the dawn.” – Maya Angelou

• This sunset was viewed from a car, driving down a road in Marysville. Taken on the way to practice, this picture proves you don’t need to be waiting around for the perfect moment to enjoy the beauty of nature’s wonders. “The sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches.” – Vera Nazarian

• The sunset, as viewed from a bedroom window in Lake Stevens. They are daily occurrences and free to observe, take advantage of that. “There’s always a sunrise and always a sunset and it’s up to you to choose to be there for it.” – Cheryl Strayed

• During a late night in the summer, this sunset was captured at the Suncadia Resort. The golden hour is such a beautiful time of day, but it’s over in a flash. “Sunsets, like childhood, are viewed with wonder not just because they are beautiful but because they are fleeting.” – Richard Paul Evans

Despite the dreary weather in store for the next few months, there is always at least one time of day when you can see a ray of sunshine. The Golden Hour is the time surrounding sunset, and is usually filled with color. It’s the time of day when the sky is painted with a variety of colors and is a reset button for the day. In our modern world, we don’t often take the time to enjoy the small things in life. But sunsets and sunrises are free and happen everyday. So, as we head into the gloomy months of the year, look out for the golden rays of sun poking through the clouds at the end of the day.