Cavelero News

The Student News Site of Cavelero Mid High School

Cavelero News

Cavelero News

1989 (Taylor’s Version): Everything We Know

Screaming, crying, and absolutely perfect storms brought us to Taylor Swift announcing 1989 (Taylor’s Version) on August 9th at the Eras Tour. Since the announcement, Swifties have been kept busy with conspiracies, games, messages, and more. Here’s everything you need to know:

Recap: What’s with (Taylor’s Version)?
Back in 2019, Swift’s previous record label manager, Scooter Braun, sold her first six albums to a firm called Shamrock Holdings. Unable to purchase her own music back due to ‘unfavorable conditions,’ Swift made the decision to re-record her first six albums to own her music. Today, Swift has already released Fearless TV, Red TV, and Speak Now TV, with 1989 TV well on its way. After October 27th, Taylor Swift will only have two albums to take back and own: her name and her reputation.

From The Vault
Along with the ownership, the re-released albums also come with songs that didn’t make the cut when the album was originally released. These songs are known as songs From The Vault. With the first two re-recorded albums, Fearless and Red, Swift posted a short clip of scrambled up titles falling out of a vault. When fans unscrambled the letters, they spelled out the titles of the Vault songs for the album. This time around, Swift teamed up with the most popular search engine out there to spill the 1989 Vault song titles: Google. According to Google, the way to play is to “search for “Taylor Swift” in the Blank Space (ahem, a Search bar). Click on the blue vault and solve one of the word puzzles…You’ll be helping Swifties around the world get out of the woods (or unlock the vault) as everyone collectively solves 33 million puzzles…that’s how you get the vault track titles!”

Surprise, surprise, Swifties worldwide went above and beyond to solve 42 million puzzles, and counting! With that, we were left with the titles of the Vault songs:
“Is It Over Now?”
“Now That We Don’t Talk”
“Say Don’t Go”
“Suburban Legends”
The fifth vault song was released traditionally, fans had speculated it to either be “Lust!” or “Sl*t!”, it was later revealed to be the latter after the back covers of the album were published.

1989 (Taylor’s Version) Aquamarine Green Edition Vinyl Back Cover

1989 (Taylor’s Version): The Album Cover/Back Covers
Being in the public eye for almost her entire life, Swift has often talked about the struggles of having everyone be in your life and the pressures that are placed upon her. In her documentary on Netflix “Miss Americana”, Swift talks about her battling an eating disorder during the 1989 era of her life, saying that she under ate to the point that she felt “like I was going to pass out at the end of a show, or in the middle of it.” This time around, Swifties noticed that one of the back covers of the album shows Swift eating ice cream, something that would be off limits in the time of her disorder. Overall, there are five albums available to purchase, four of them being special editions. In addition to the gorgeous different colors and the different album covers, on the Target exclusive edition there’s also an additional song: “Sweeter Than Fiction (Taylor’s Version)”! When the 1989 cover was announced, Swifties quickly made the connection that unlike all the other many albums Swift has had, this is the only cover where she is actually smiling.

What About The Rest Of The Taylor’s Version Albums?
Though many Swifties are against speculating about further albums, some are still obsessed with the easter eggs that hint at Swift’s next projects. Many people have noticed that on Taylor’s recent outings, she’s been wearing a lot of blue and black. Swifties theorize that this signifies heading out of the 1989 TV era, an album associated with the color blue, and heading into the reputation TV era, an album associated with the color black.

When Does 1989 TV Come Out?
The album is scheduled to come out on October 27th, the seven year anniversary of the original release of 1989. It releases on major streaming platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon Music at 9:00 PM PDT. Swifties everywhere should expect to be too busy dancing to 1989 TV to get knocked off their feet because, after all, the best people in life are free.

View Comments (1)