Cavelero News

The Student News Site of Cavelero Mid High School

Cavelero News

Cavelero News

Candy to avoid this halloween

OFFICIAL-KELLYTOYS-SQUISHMALLOWS

Do you have a favorite candy? What about least favorite? I think it’s safe to say that everyone is disappointed when you get your least favorite candy thrown into your pail. Here are the worst candies in my opinion.

There are plenty of bad candies

out there, but here are some of the worst. Almond Joys are for sure at the bottom of the list.

Although some may disagree with me, I just think that almonds don’t belong in candy, or chocolate for that matter. They very much are more of a ‘snack’ food than a treat. It’s like the chips in Reeces that were only around for a month before they found out no one was buying them. Right below that would be candy corn. Some may say it’s underrated, but it is for sure the opposite. Eating candy corn is like eating a crayon. It may be sweet, but that doesn’t distract from the overall waxy taste and texture. Getting Dots put into my trick-or-treat basket was always annoying. I always got so many boxes of them, and I wouldn’t know who to give them to. No one I know likes Dots, and it is for sure something you want to avoid if you can help it. I’m not sure if I just had a bad experience with Dots when I was younger, but they have a hard outer shell and a gel-like consistency on the inside (which I’m not even sure was on purpose) and they taste like chemicals.

Sure, Dots have a bad texture too, but it’s not as bad as Swedish fish. Swedish fish is like those gel crayons that everyone ate as a kid, or at least I did. They’re not even good. Skittles are also pretty bad. If you want something fruity, you should just have a bowl of Fruity Pebbles, that is way better. On a controversial note, Reeses aren’t the best, but not the worst. They don’t even have real peanut butter, and it’s so sweet. And the chocolate is very… well, not good. If I wanted chocolate, I would get something with wafer, and not peanut butter. As long as it’s not Whoppers. They are always stale and have a terrible chocolate-to-wafer ratio. Like crunch, which has way too much chocolate. Now crunch can be very good if you feel like it, but most of the time it is way too much chocolate for taste. 

Now it may be because I am not the biggest fan of chocolate, but I would still have other chocolate bars that I reach for before I reach for crunch. Kit Kat, however, has a perfect ratio. I love Kit Kats, but the Halloween flavors are not my favorite. I really like Original Kit Kats if I am having a small bit, but no matter how many times I try them, all the special flavors are just not good. Especially the Halloween flavor. It’s like those caramel apple lollipops that everyone seems to like. They really only come up during Halloween, but I can just never get behind them. They don’t even taste like real caramel. Everyone has their opinions, but these are definitely some candies that I would avoid this Halloween.