Cavelero News

The Student News Site of Cavelero Mid High School

Cavelero News

Cavelero News

Little Kitty Big City: Review

Double Dagger Studio

Little Kitty Big City (Or LKBC) is a third-person indie adventure game where you play as a small black cat in a big city. You start by falling from your apartment window into a trashcan at the entrance of the building, and you have to navigate through the city to get back to your home.

LKBC is a new casual game that was released on May 9th, 2024. It’s a simulation game, similar to Untitled Goose Game. You have big and small tasks to complete throughout your journey home, like meeting all your animal friends and getting new actions. A side task you can give yourself is finding and collecting all the hats, which range from a collection of fruits to different animals. You can find hats around the city in colorful capsules, or from the gumball machine from the crow for 5 “shinies” which are shiny trash found around the city that can be used as coins for the crow and for fast travel with the raccoon in the sewers.

The gameplay in LKBC takes about two and a half to three hours to fully play through and about six hours to finish to 100% completion. Playing through means from the start when you fall off the window ledge to climbing the original building you fell out of and getting back and returning home. You complete and gather new tasks throughout the journey, and when you get back home you can still finish your hat collection and check your tasks off the list.

In an Interview with KING-TV, the founder of Double Dagger Studio, Matt Wood said he got the inspiration for this game from his cats Mario and Roxy, and his children. Matt Wood, who lives locally in Bellevue mentioned that “In some ways, they’re kind of mysterious,” referring to his cats. “They’re unpredictable, right? But at the same time, they’re always loving.” He and his cats released the highly anticipated game on May 9th, 2024, and sold over 100,000 copies just two days after release. He found inspiration when Matt was playing “cats” with his kids and one of them mentioned wanting to play as a cat, so being the father he is, he made it happen.

LKBC is available on Nintendo Switch (to be determined if a physical copy will be released), Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Series S, GeForce Now, and Microsoft Windows.